Guide 10 Plus Solar Kit
- With the Guide 10 Plus Recharger and Nomad 7 Solar Panel you have a portable, rugged charging kit as adventurous as you are.
- Charge AAs from the sun or any USB port, then power your phone, MP3, GPS, or perk up your tablet in a pinch.
- Battery Capacity: 11Wh, 2300mAh (4.8V)
- Solar Capacity: 7W (8-9V)
- Weight: 1.41 lbs (641 g)
- Ideal for: Phone, GPS, Headlamp
- Recharge by: USB, Solar Panel
- Kit Includes: Guide 10 (power) & Nomad 7 (solar)
There are 2 ways to charge your Guide 10 Plus:
The Guide 10 Plus can be charged by connecting a compatible solar panel (see the chart below for solar compatibility).
The Guide 10 Plus can also be charged by being plugged into a USB power source.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: What batteries can be used in the Guide 10 Plus?
- A: Any AA or AAA* NiMH batteries can be used and recharged. We do not recommend other types of batteries. 4 same-sized batteries MUST be charged at once, but not all batteries need to be empty.
*AAA cells are sold separately and come with an adapter to use with the Guide 10 Plus.
- Q: How do I charge the Guide 10 Plus?
- A: From Solar: Use Goal Zero Nomad 3.5 or Nomad 7 with solar charge cable for fast charging. From USB: Use any USB power source, such as a computer or any Goal Zero power pack.
- Q: Is the Guide 10 Plus waterproof?
- A: No, but it is weather-resistant. Care should be taken to shield if from direct sunlight and the elements. Unexpected rain storms probably won't harm it.
- Q: How is the Guide 10 Plus protected?
- A: Useage is plug-and-play. The built-in battery management system prevents over-charging and over-discharging of batteries. The USB output will only supply the amount of power needed.
Removable AA/AAA Batteries
The removable batteries are perfect for headlamps, flashlights and more.
The USB port best charges all your smaller USB powered devices.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO CHARGE YOUR DEVICE FROM GOAL ZERO POWER PACKS?
It takes the same amount of time to charge your device from a Goal Zero power pack as it does from the wall.
WHAT CAN THE NOMAD 7 SOLAR PANEL CHARGE?
The Nomad 7 will directly charge most USB and 12V devices (not tablets). Most handheld USB devices, include: Cell phone, smart phone, GPS, MP3 player
WHAT GOAL ZERO PRODUCTS WORK BEST WITH THE NOMAD 7?
Goal Zero Switch 8 Recharger, Guide 10 Plus, and Rock Out Portable Speaker
CAN I USE THE USB AND 12V PORTS TO CHARGE DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY?
Yes. The Nomad 7 will split the incoming solar power between the two ports to charge devices simultaneously. Some devices may not be compatible.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: Does the Nomad 7 Solar Panel hold a charge?
- A: No, the panel produces power only when exposed to sunlight. To generate the most power, angle the panel toward the sun. This improves your ability to collect power from the sun. Clouds and windows affect collection efficiency. If you would like to store power, combine the Nomad 7 with a Goal Zero recharger.
- Q: What can I charge directly from the Nomad 7 Solar Panel?
- A: USB and 12V devices like cellphones, GPS and iPods. You can plug in a 12V device and USB device at the same time, however, you will slow down the charge time for both devices.
- Q: Is the Nomad 7 Solar Panel waterproof?
- A: It is very weather-resistant and will not be harmed if exposed to rain or snow.
- Q: Why am I having trouble charging by cellphone from the Nomad 7 Solar Panel?
- A: Some phones require very specific and constant power. Try changing the angle of your panel and re-plugging in your phone. Most charging issues are overcome by incorporating a Goal Zero portable recharger.
- Q: Can I chain multiple solar panels together?
- A: Yes. Chaining additional solar panels is a great way to charge your device from the sun in less time. You can chain up to four solar panels at once.