Sherpa 100 Portable Power Pack Recharger
- Battery Capacity: 98Wh, 8800mAh (11V)
- Power Output: USB, 12V, AC*
- Weight: 1.9 lbs (864 g)
- Recharge by: AC, 12V, Solar
- Ideal for: Tablet, Laptop, DSLR Camera, Lights
- *required inverter: sold separately
Designed to power all the gear in your kit, the Sherpa 100’s versatile array of ports include two ultra-fast, smart USBs for phones and tablets, a 12V port for lights, an innovative port specifically for laptops, and a detachable AC inverter for DSLR cameras. The Sherpa 100 recharges from the wall, car, or from the sun with Goal Zero’s portable solar panels.
The Sherpa 100 can be charged by connecting a compatible solar panel. For best experience, we recommend two Nomad 20 Solar Panels (see the chart below for solar compatibility).
The Sherpa 100 can be charged by being plugged into a regular wall outlet.
The Sherpa 100 can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V adapter.
Gear Institute: Best New Gear Award 2014 - Sherpa 100 Power Pack
Macworld 2014: Best of Show Winner - Sherpa 100 Power Pack
Wired.com: Product Review 6/18/2014
Active Junky: Winner - BA Gear Award Summer 2014
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: How do I know if it is turned on?
- A: Push the power button below the LCD batter monitor and it will light up.
- Q: How do I know if I have a full charge?
- A: The LCD battery monitor displays charge level in 20% increments. If all areas are shaded and the top segment says "Full" then it is charged up and ready to go.
- Q: Is the Sherpa 100 waterproof?
- A: No. Although the Sherpa 100 is durable, you will want to protect it from elements. Make sure the ports are dry before using the device.
- Q: Can I take the Sherpa 100 on an airplane?
- A: Yes, the Sherpa 100 meets all requirements for carry-on and is perfect for keeping your devices charged on long flights. Please check with airline for current regulation.
- Q: How long can the Sherpa 100 hold its charge?
- A: It can hold its charge for several months. However, to keep the battery healthy and ready to go, we recommend that you leave your Sherpa 100 plugged in between uses. If this is not possible, charge it every 3-4 months.
- Q: What type of battery is used in the Sherpa 100?
- A: Lithium-ion NMC. It has these advantages: stores more energy; smaller and lighter watt for watt; and retains its charge even after months of storage.
- Q: Can I chain multiple Sherpas together?
- A: Yes. You can chain two Sherpas together through the sidecar port.
- Q: Why did the Sherpa 100 turn off automatically?
- A: The Sherpa 100 has a built-in feature that turns the unit off after a period of inactivity. This saves power. To override this mode and keep it in "always on" mode, simply hold down the power button for about 10 seconds. A small "ON" icon will appear in the upper left side of the LCD battery monitor if you are in "always on" mode. In this case, it will only turn off if it runs out of power or you turn it off.
THE SHERPA 100 POWERS YOUR DEVICE IN 3 WAYS:
The USB port best charges all your medium USB powered devices.
Use the included laptop tips to power your laptop without the need of the laptop wall charger.
Plug in your device just as you would to the wall with the removable inverter. (sold separately)
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO CHARGE YOUR DEVICE FROM GOAL ZERO POWER PACKS?
It takes the same amount of time to charge your device from a Goal Zero power pack as it does from the wall.
LONG TERM STORAGE
For long-term storage (up to a year), charge the Sherpa 100 to 50% full, then remove the fuse, and store in a cool place.